Friday, February 12, 2010

Budget-saving garden wedding concept

I wanted to share with all of you a great wedding decor idea I came across at a friends' wedding reception last weekend.

When I first walked into the hall, my thoughts were transported and I was walking through the garden on a warm summer night. It seemed like the entrance into a private world. The arch where you entered the hall was covered in light pink, purple and yellow roses against a backdrop of white organza. My eyes were attracted to these dazzling butterflies tucked in among the roses.

As I stepped further into the hall, I noticed the walls were covered in a sparkling white sheer material and were pinned, yet seeming to float were roses, wild flowers and once again, in amongst the flowers, were those enchanting butterflies. This time they seemed to glow with inner light and I noticed the small jewel detailing. It created a romantic, almost spell-binding, effect on my senses.

Later on in the evening, I ran into the bride's mother and commented on the transformation that had taken place in the hall. She mentioned that with today's economy one of the places they were able to save on the budget was the decor. Amazed, I asked how this beautiful hall was created on a limited budget.

She said her daughter had always loved the book and movie of "The Secret Garden" so they tried to re-create that feeling for the wedding reception. At first, the desire had been to completely cover the shimmering walls with flowers. That plan changed when they received the estimate from the florist.

While perusing online for ideas, they came across the Bugs-n-Blooms Web site and saw the large variety of butterfly decorations available. They thought, what would be more perfect for their garden? They purchased a variety. Both the nylon butterflies that shimmered on the entrance arch and the jewel encrusted ones lighting the walls in a rainbow of colors created the atmosphere they were going for and, at the same time, allowed them to greatly reduce the flower budget.

No comments:

Post a Comment